We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
A fail-safe, authentic Anzac biscuit recipe. If you bake them like a traybake to make flapjacks, make sure you cut them into squares while they're still hot.
13 people made this
- 80g rolled oats
- 60g self-raising flour
- 60g plain flour
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 150g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:25min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Mix together the oats, flours, coconut and sugar. Melt the butter and golden syrup together. Dissolve the bicarb in boiling water and add to melted butter and golden syrup. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place in teaspoonfuls on greased baking tray or press the whole mixture together into a greased tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Don't overcook.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(9)
Reviews in English (9)
I am wondering how this recipe can be Low GI with the quantity of sugar and syrup in it. Please this is important especially for diabetics-27 Jun 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)
This recipe is yummy and so easy to make. My son loves these biscuits. This has definently become a family favourite-01 Mar 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)