We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Main course
- Chickpea curry
Chickpeas are simmered in a fragrant and spicy curry sauce and garnished with fresh coriander. Serve with rice for a great vegetarian midweek meal.
816 people made this
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped root ginger
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 (400g) tins chickpeas, undrained
- 1 large handful chopped fresh coriander
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:40min
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, and cook and stir onions until softened. Stir in garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt, chilli powder and turmeric. Cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Mix in chickpeas and their liquid. Continue to cook and stir until all ingredients are well blended and heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander just before serving, reserving some for garnish.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(685)
Reviews in English (504)
Something else.I added a tin of Napolina chopped tomatoes that I briefly blended with my hand blender.It provided a lovely additional flavour that complemented the chick peas and the spices perfectly, reminding me of some Moroccan dishes that I've tried.-15 Mar 2009
This was a surprisingly easy recipe to make - if you prepare the ingredients ahead of time (such as chopping the coriander and ginger) it's barely any trouble to make - especially if you take the lazy route (like me) and use boil-in-the-bag basmati rice!The taste is wonderfully warming although a little spicier than some people (not me) might like. If you're wondering I would compare the spiciness to a jar of Dopiaza cooking sauce.-15 Mar 2009
i HAVE BEEN USING THIS RECIPE NOW AS A BASIC AN THEN ADDING MY OWN TWIST. 2NITE I AM ADDING LEFT OVER ROAST PORK AN 1 TIN OF CHICKPEAS. VERY GOOD.....-17 Nov 2011