We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Chicken soup
- Chicken vegetable soup
The ultimate winter warmer. Use a half a chicken, a whole small chicken or chicken pieces.
137 people made this
- 1/2 whole chicken, bone in
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 1 medium head garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2L (3 1/4 pints) water
- 1/2 bottle white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:2hr ›Ready in:2hr20min
- In a large soup pot, combine all ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 30 minutes, partially covered, then reduce heat to low and simmer another 90 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and allow to cool enough to be easily handled. Pull chicken meat from the bone; discard bones and return chicken pieces to the pot.
This soup freezes easily. Freeze in individual portions to take to work for lunch. Better than the salt-laden shop-bought soups!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(136)
Reviews in English (95)
I made this recipe minus the parsely and the vegetable chicken soup mix (not entirely sure what that is) and it was quite amazing.The second time I attempted this recipe, I tried it in a Crock pot. Not sure why, but it was really horrible. So don't do that.-16 Feb 2008
I've made this soup a few times and the broth is amazing. My only complaint would be that the starchy vegetables break down into mush after it's been cooking for awhile and stirred often. If I made it again, I'd cut back on the starch and add more carrots, celery, and harder veggies. I'd also cut back a little bit on the amount of veggies to make it more brothy. Super tasty recipe!-09 Feb 2009