We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
This goose dish is not only delicious, it's also simple to make. Enjoy with roasted potatoes and a side of vegetables, if desired.
53 people made this
- 4 goose breasts
- salt to taste
- 1 dash dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dark brown soft sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Rinse the breasts in cold water and place in baking dish. Splash with vermouth, then season with salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, dark brown soft sugar, garlic and soy sauce. Season with mustard and caraway seeds. Pour glaze over breasts in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Baste at least twice during baking.
If your local supermarket doesn't stock goose breasts, you can purchase them in your local butchers. You may need to make a special order for them.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(26)
Reviews in English (25)
My husband is always bringing home wild game and waiting in eager anticipation for me to come up with some magical way to prepare it! This is absolutely the best recipe I have found for goose breast! He was pleasantly surprised with this dish and said it was better than he thought it would be. The sauce complimented the meat perfectly and the only ingredient I lacked was the caraway...it was great without it. I don't know if this makes a difference or not but my husband insists on soaking the goose breast in milk for a couple days and then juice (apple, cranraspberry, etc.) for a day or two. He says it removes the gamey taste. Thanks for a great, easy recipe. We will definately use again!-06 Dec 2008
We make wild goose with this glaze all the time. It's easy and it's good. If you don't like gamey meat, you probably aren't going to like gamey meat with this glaze. The glaze compliments the flavor, rather than over powers it. I never pay attention to the length of time we cook it, but just check on it occationally. But don't let it dry out!-14 Nov 2008